Sometimes, I have to get away from it all,
forget about the daily commitment to write;
sometimes, I just want to think of only Fall,
the autumn colors, the wind's sharp bite.
days when there is nothing better to do,
than relax, put on some music for the mood;
who was it that said, to thy own self be true?
is it too much aloofness, is it too rude?
there is always certain things to get done,
appointments to be kept, places to go;
but don't forget to stop and have some fun,
take time off, meditate, take things slow.
there's escapism in a lengthy, written book,
there is happiness in taking time to dream;
there's enchantment in your lover's look,
and nothing's as serious as it seems.
I will take this rainy day, read some poetry,
listen to the music that I know and love;
with whatever comes my way, I'll let it be,
sailing on the wings of an imaginary dove.
David Lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Escape. by David Lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Lighthouse by the Sea, Mary Bone
- Imagination's Gardens, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Betrayed, Vanessa Parodia
- meri zingagi ek kahaani bn gyi, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- Nighttime Visions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A song of sadness, Vanessa Parodia
- Eternal Wanderlust, Leah Ayliffe
- star came to me, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- u loved me once, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- Lets all dance, Vanessa Parodia