Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
Weary in my far-gone distance,
I am suddenly courted by a strange guest
Who leads me up for a solace
And introduces herself as ‘Dear Aphros'.
Upon her delicious banquet
Adorned with roses I ferociously mount
To descend from with Eros' wine
Whom Dear Aphros introduces as ‘Dear Son'.
Then, suddenly, my eyes go shut
Only to reopen to see none other
But me alone with a lone rose
For whom Eros has reddened my eyes with wine.
Grabbing the rose, I take to flight
Plunging into gentle ocean in the craze.
There, the sun and the moon rise not;
There, there is no difference between night and day.
Into the still deep, I plunge more
Where time and space have dissolved into just one;
To be saved by just letting go,
But how can I very drunk with Eros' wine?
Then, suddenly, I cease drowning.
But, behold, I am not coming up either!
I'm tangled between up and down.
Now, I can see how much we've weathered the storm.
With the rose now, all pains are joys,
And life without my rose tasteless will become.
Better or worse, we vow oneness,
For all of life now wears the face of Eros.
Christian Tobechukwu Okafor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Eros' Rose by Christian Tobechukwu Okafor )
- Angel City, Alan Bruce Thompson
- The Cause Of Tsunamis, Alan Bruce Thompson
- Tunnel, Alan Bruce Thompson
- End Of The Day, Alan Bruce Thompson
- Travelling First Without Class, Alan Bruce Thompson
- The Disappearance Of Time, Alan Bruce Thompson
- Identity Theft Is A Problem, Mariyah Mckaufman
- My Burning Feet, Cindy Howard
- Hands of labor, Nassy Fesharaki
- 강남오피 >>(밤의전쟁) << BAMWAR3.COM, sarah wight1
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)