Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
Weary in my far-gone distance,
I am suddenly courted by a strange guest
Who leads me up for a solace
And introduces herself as ‘Dear Aphros'.
Upon her delicious banquet
Adorned with roses I ferociously mount
To descend from with Eros' wine
Whom Dear Aphros introduces as ‘Dear Son'.
Then, suddenly, my eyes go shut
Only to reopen to see none other
But me alone with a lone rose
For whom Eros has reddened my eyes with wine.
Grabbing the rose, I take to flight
Plunging into gentle ocean in the craze.
There, the sun and the moon rise not;
There, there is no difference between night and day.
Into the still deep, I plunge more
Where time and space have dissolved into just one;
To be saved by just letting go,
But how can I very drunk with Eros' wine?
Then, suddenly, I cease drowning.
But, behold, I am not coming up either!
I'm tangled between up and down.
Now, I can see how much we've weathered the storm.
With the rose now, all pains are joys,
And life without my rose tasteless will become.
Better or worse, we vow oneness,
For all of life now wears the face of Eros.
Christian Tobechukwu Okafor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Eros' Rose by Christian Tobechukwu Okafor )
- Feel a human life!, Somanathan Iyer
- Last night, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Erotic Haiku, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Poetry Is Where You Find It IV, Frank Avon
- As major, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic haiku by krishna Shivkumar yadav, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Open it happily, hasmukh amathalal
- Footless though, gajanan mishra
- One reason, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic Cup, Krishna Shivkumar yadav