Equo ne credite, Teucri! Quidquid id est - More in Sorrow than in Anger 1799
Past promise starred in white on black
now, coward, bows to stark attack,
as Miss amiss, remiss of bliss
no gift transmits, no parting kiss,
no passing flow may tide love back,
just unjust torture, stretched on rack.
Yet Gift in German cannot lack
ironic understanding, fact
plague vision curse calls as abyss
which, stifled now, has got the sack,
past glory's presents must repack.
Hope, once held high, down vortex crack
has fallen low, nor trace, nor track,
will leave - one day proclaimed 'Exist! '
next, angels laid to rest, 'Desist! '
cried, while bloom memories most stack
mind mirage prove, lost dreams, alack!
Crimson confession sin intact
stunts bloom, busts boom, turns fancy fact
doomed, fall too steep to handle, this
is gloom tomb room antithesis
of love's dreams, to autodidact
contradicts: fair thought, false act.
O brave new world's new dawn, alack,
it seems consistency has lacked,
'acceptance' as hypothesis
is wanting found, ground zero, this
can't stay unmoved, guilt weighs, frame tack
round aura gilt gleams inexact.
From heart in heat to cold urn plaque,
to grave from rave one step, one smack,
to void from telekinesis,
from wishful thinking reminisce,
from common ground can truth back-track
to grounded flight, light dowsed, wretch wracked.
(2 August 2008)
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
“Equo ne credite, Teucri! Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes”,
Do not trust the horse, Trojans! Whatever it is, I fear the Greeks even if bearing gifts”
Contemporary multi-lingual transliteration and in-house joke
Chevauchez les rêves tu cries Don't believe in dream horses! you cry, 'fear geeks, even if they bring gifts”.
Comments about this poem (Equo ne credite, Teucri! Quidquid id est - More in Sorrow than in Anger 1799 by Jonathan ROBIN )
- OPGANDA.COM≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '부산오피대박'…'선릉휴게텔'하소연, bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- Love, shafeeqrahman rahman
- OPGANDA.COM≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '부천오피대박'…'강남휴게텔'하소연, bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- OPGANDA.COM≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '부산오피대박'…'부천휴게텔'하소연, bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- OPGANDA.COM≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '수원오피대박'…'동탄휴게텔'하소연, bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- Baat toh itni si…., Priyanka Nayak
- Missing You, Priyanka Nayak
- On The Death Of Ella Fitzgerald, Shalom Freedman
- It's All Fare in Love, Akhtar Jawad
- Blissful Atmosphere, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Malala Yousafzai, Jahan zaib
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)