Epsilons In Nail Salons
Go to work, get paid then spend it fast
You need more stuff cuz things don't last
forever. - Hurry! Run to the store!
Corporate slaves and Wal-mart whores
In this world it would be a crime to wait
Impatient infant - - look what you create
A life controlled from start to end
A shopping cart - your new best friend
Alphas; Betas; Deltas too
In 1930, Aldous Huxley knew
'End, don't mend! ' - 'Just buy it new! '
Push a button and it's done for you.
We sit possessed, engulfed in our distractions
Stimulation = Satisfaction
The joint in your mouth; the beer in my hand
American Idol; Brand Names; On Demand (and)
High-tech phones stuck to our heads
The drones; the clones; the walking dead
For convenience it's all organized
You buy McDonald's fries - Empires rise
…While sick and starving children die.
Alphas, Betas, Gammas too
Animals inside the American Zoo
Do what you're told, little pawns;
Epsilons in Nail Salons!
Orgy-porgy; Grocery stores
'I've got my 'Soma'' - 'You've got yours! '
'Glad I've got things! ' - 'Glad I'm not poor! '
'But…I think I need just a little more…'
Well, you've got your money - I've got a pen
My Voice; My rights; I'll take a stand
Defend my mind - keep myself free
And try not to let fat corporate pigs get rich off me!
Alphas; Betas; Deltas too
And to an Island send the precious few
A new World Order - A Human petting zoo!
A high price has been paid to 'civilize' you
Alphas, betas, deltas too
In 1930, Aldous Huxley Knew
Don't get your way? Just cry, 'boo hoo hoo! ! '
Push a button and it's done for you!
So stand in line, don't push or shove-
'Soma' rationed from your corporate Gods above-
1,000 nurses, smiling, in latex gloves say,
'Soma's just as good as love! '
-Summer 2008 -
Ray Quesada's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Epsilons In Nail Salons by Ray Quesada )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(August 8, 1884 – January 29, 1933)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13-7-31 (see reverse))
- (Adi Sankara) 07 Sankara's works, Rajaram Ramachandran
- (Adi Sankara) 06 A Guru was found, Rajaram Ramachandran
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- She Came to Me, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Life Begins Again, Md. Ziaul Haque
- A Good Soul, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Best Wishes My Love, Valentine Mbagu
- Relativity And Love, Sambanath Denis
- 2014, Joseph Archer
- For violating state law, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- De optelsom van al het Kwaad, Madrason writer
- Summer, Jordy lustig
- Once More, Ahmad Husain