Sir John Carr (1732-1807 / England)
Epitaph To The Memory Of A Worthy Man
Reader! since Parson Sleep is gone,
And lies beneath yon humble stone,
Whene'er to Kingswear Church we go,
Holy the sabbath-day to keep
(Indeed 'tis right it should be so),
We never more shall go to
Poet Other Poems
- A Roundelay
- A Song I
- A Song II
- Am Indian Massacre-Song
- An Irish Song
- Bamkruptcy Rendered Easy
- Epigram On The Author And Eliza Frequent...
- Epigram On Winning A Young Lady’s Money ...
- Epigram, Upon Seeing The Dilapidated Sta...
- Epitaph On A Friend
- Epitaph To The Memory Of A Worthy Man
- Farewell Lines To Bristol Hot Wells
- Impromptu Lines
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.