Lord John Wilmot (1647 - 1680 / Oxfordshire / England)
Listen to this poem:
Epitaph on Charles II
Here lies a great and mighty King,
Whose promise none relied on;
He never said a foolish thing,
Nor ever did a wise one.
Lord John Wilmot
Submitted: Friday, January 03, 2003
Lord John Wilmot's Other Poems
- A Fragment of Seneca Translated
- A Satyre Against Mankind
- A Song of a Young Lady to Her Ancient Lo...
- A Woman's Honour
- Absent of Thee I Languish Still
- Against Constancy
- All My Past Life...
- Epitaph on Charles II
- Give Me Leave to Rail at You
- God Bless Our Good and Gracious King
- I Cannot Change, As Others Do
- Love and Life
- My Dear Mistress Has a Heart
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.