$ Encounter with Pride!
All alone; I sailed through
Mid of the life; I am perplexed!
Right or left. know not which way to take?
Saddled hard to reach halfway,
But; what, which, where next?
Is all pricking my mind?
The moment of Joy, Victory, Triumph
When; every single tide I overcame,
Crowned me with 'Pride'
The stiff neck; the looks of pride
Still couldn't be given up!
This time the storm hit me hard!
Now did, I realize; the stronghold of my sole-inmate.
The Almighty LORD; my Heavenly Father!
The cloud of my shame shook my heart!
The tranquility in being humble,
Was that, I learnt.
In no time, I could lean on the Angel sitting next to me.
Gentle touch and words of strength,
Directed me towards the destiny!
' My LORD is my Radar! '
Queeny Gona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ($ Encounter with Pride! by Queeny Gona )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1895 - 1985)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- lux et umbra, Ann Dow
- S.O.S., Sandra Feldman
- Something is in the House, Sarah Liz Bowman
- Tragedy and Comedy, Eugene Levich
- Bound to thaw, george albot
- Not Obligated To Offer Options, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The taste of love, JJ Evendon
- Greeting Cards, Sara Fielder
- The Lorry From The North, Tony Adah
- Father's Admonition, Tony Adah