This is where the innocent hope to get exonerated.
Where the promises don't seem to live up to their words.
Kids still getting raised by only one parent guardian.
Disappointment is premediated.
Also where doing time is a figure of speech for spending the holidays in solitary.
The only gain worth achieving for is monetary.
The news only shows crimes and sad obituaries.
Truth is hard to see; lieing is easier than making an honest living.
Brothers are only willing to ball; Some deny giving education a chance.
No hope on the peoples' faces as they continue believing working hard seems not worth the minimal wages.
Childhood comes back when we make believe everything is just fine.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Enchanted by Alex Kenneh )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I Fly, I Fly, I Fly Higher and Higher~~~, Monk E. Biz
- 68th Independence Day of India (15th Aug.., Dr John Celes
- At Victoria Memorial, Calcutta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Lilly Emery
- You Just Think She Is Your Sister Too, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Robots In Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- George Crowley Bush, Richard Thripp
- Tragic Dream, Electric Lady
- Fading Away, Tara Stano
- Reasons of existence, Mohammad Siddiqui