This is where the innocent hope to get exonerated.
Where the promises don't seem to live up to their words.
Kids still getting raised by only one parent guardian.
Disappointment is premediated.
Also where doing time is a figure of speech for spending the holidays in solitary.
The only gain worth achieving for is monetary.
The news only shows crimes and sad obituaries.
Truth is hard to see; lieing is easier than making an honest living.
Brothers are only willing to ball; Some deny giving education a chance.
No hope on the peoples' faces as they continue believing working hard seems not worth the minimal wages.
Childhood comes back when we make believe everything is just fine.
Alex Kenneh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Enchanted by Alex Kenneh )
- Surprising Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Endless Sea, Curtlan Popo
- Hoping For The Best, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 'what color is it? ' they thought, after.., Mandolyn ...
- mary the narcoleptic shepherd, joni frog
- First Encounter - khairy Jamaluddin, john tiong chunghoo
- Laugh And Chuckle, Harold R Hunt Sr
- In success, hasmukh amathalal
- You are not allowed, gajanan mishra
- Liaison, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)