This is where the innocent hope to get exonerated.
Where the promises don't seem to live up to their words.
Kids still getting raised by only one parent guardian.
Disappointment is premediated.
Also where doing time is a figure of speech for spending the holidays in solitary.
The only gain worth achieving for is monetary.
The news only shows crimes and sad obituaries.
Truth is hard to see; lieing is easier than making an honest living.
Brothers are only willing to ball; Some deny giving education a chance.
No hope on the peoples' faces as they continue believing working hard seems not worth the minimal wages.
Childhood comes back when we make believe everything is just fine.
Alex Kenneh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Enchanted by Alex Kenneh )
- Too Cold (Let's Escape), Michael McParland
- Nightmarish Creatures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Conception, Sandra Feldman
- THE GIFT OF A FRIEND, Hibah Shabkhez
- Future Quality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- An Idea, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Emotional Prose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Sonnet, Sheehan Patrick Augustine
- Another Reflective Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Kitten, Hanh Chau
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 9 63)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)