This is where the innocent hope to get exonerated.
Where the promises don't seem to live up to their words.
Kids still getting raised by only one parent guardian.
Disappointment is premediated.
Also where doing time is a figure of speech for spending the holidays in solitary.
The only gain worth achieving for is monetary.
The news only shows crimes and sad obituaries.
Truth is hard to see; lieing is easier than making an honest living.
Brothers are only willing to ball; Some deny giving education a chance.
No hope on the peoples' faces as they continue believing working hard seems not worth the minimal wages.
Childhood comes back when we make believe everything is just fine.
Alex Kenneh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Enchanted by Alex Kenneh )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns