This is where the innocent hope to get exonerated.
Where the promises don't seem to live up to their words.
Kids still getting raised by only one parent guardian.
Disappointment is premediated.
Also where doing time is a figure of speech for spending the holidays in solitary.
The only gain worth achieving for is monetary.
The news only shows crimes and sad obituaries.
Truth is hard to see; lieing is easier than making an honest living.
Brothers are only willing to ball; Some deny giving education a chance.
No hope on the peoples' faces as they continue believing working hard seems not worth the minimal wages.
Childhood comes back when we make believe everything is just fine.
Alex Kenneh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Enchanted by Alex Kenneh )
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- The Futility Of Illusions, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Tour of Autumn, Cathy Hodgson
- The ache, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Ein schmaler Streifen kahler Klippen, Wolfgang Steinmann
- We've Got to Tear These Fences Down Yeah!, David Clinch
- It's My Home, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In the Sun's Falsetto, Kewayne Wadley
- A Poem, David Clinch
- Caught In the Crossfire, David Clinch
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)