Magic happens when were together,
Like wind and rain on our windowpane,
The sound of our sweet love,
Coming from the mystery of the skies above,
Stormy seas rage against our past troubles,
Then sunshine makes our dreams double,
Its rays highlighting our zest, as a middle aged couple,
Walking on a winding road, having our own secret code,
We dance when thunder and lightning strikes our abode.
Falling in love is like an endless, sparkling waterfall,
With hidden gems,
Glistening in our desires that have ears to listen,
To our heartbeats and lifes defeats,
Wandering around our sometimes desert souls.
We are afraid of the lonliness of growing old,
Leaving our loved one behind,
Like a cloud without rain,
Like the sun without light,
Like day without night,
Like a mountain without any height,
Like a magician with a vanishing dove,
That never returns,
All thats left will be an empty space,
That will be filled with love,
Like water in a timeless, tranquil lake,
Heartbeats connecting eternally,
In the elements of nature's last take,
That will sing its haunting song for our hearts sake.
Hazel Durham's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Empty Space by Hazel Durham )
Did you read them?
- The girl of great beauty was not to be f.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Moon's Rebellion, Kewayne Wadley
- African Funeral, onzia dan
- Scavenger, Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa
- Letter To My Rose (Part F), Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
- you and that love thing..., Mandolyn ...
- Hint, hasmukh amathalal
- Our Green Hope, Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
- - On the Longfellow bridge, Giorgio A. V.
- the dishwasher sounds like it's off its .., Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns