Rosy lips and orange cheeks
Searched for an empty space
Though it is a myth
And longed for the truth.
My eyes clung
On the ups and downs
The dips and flats
And the narrow lines.
Colliding the triangular zone
where the empty space
And narrow lips rests
And wanted to kiss.
but the clock struck six
And waited for nine
To mix a cocktail
And fix it soon.
An infinite wait
That defies the oceans
Monarchs and Knights
Gave up their Crowns.
Beneath the sky
Fascinating it is
And admiring all
Without the sense of reality.
Oscillation of the pendulum
Fixed into the empty space
Clockwise or anticlockwise
Fast or slow
With hugs and sighs
Can never give up
Or to cover up the empty space
Though it is a myth or reality.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Empty space by sekharan pookkat )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- The Power, Rahman Henry
- today the body tomorrow the heart, RIC S. BASTASA
- Blocks Of Puzzle Pieces, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the price you pay of course, is loss of .., RIC S. BASTASA
- time does not sleep this time. the windo.., RIC S. BASTASA
- something that is better if uncertain, RIC S. BASTASA
- You pour your mercy., RIC S. BASTASA
- 413, Narcia Lily
- To drive a point, i collect pebbles and .., RIC S. BASTASA
- I follow the smoke, and sigh, RIC S. BASTASA