RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Delving into memory's storage boxes, searching for ideas,
reciting old poetry.
Mixed together with piles of faded images, selecting and
choosing certain thoughts is, at times, very difficult.
Wandering the long, black hallways with a flashlight,
leaves a lot to be desired.
Only certain things come to mind as they are illuminated,
the rest is encased and written from a capsule of
Knowing the differences of nightmare pastimes, does little
for emotional ties bound back then.
Counting steps silently, hesitating sometimes, searching
for bearings to find the way through life and it's
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Thinking of strengths and weaknesses contained in each person.
How many times, events are overcome because a friend walks
into your life with a helping hand.
Comments about this poem (Emotional Pathways by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Banter, Stephen Peter Mills
- Old House, Naveed Khalid
- You Are My Addiction, Hayley Lewis
- Unwed Mother (A Confession Of Love), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Games, Hayley Lewis
- Late Night T.V With The Volume Set To Zero, Stephen Peter Mills
- Collage, Naveed Khalid
- False Deity, Hayley Lewis
- Cloze, Naveed Khalid
- Foremost among the Finest!, Stanley Collymore
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns