Embraced In Wings
The sky far away from here is illuminated.
I fly forth, aiming towards that light, but
the cold rain soaks my wings
and I'm alone again today.
Like the ripples on water, my distant
memories within my heart are wavering.
Right now, I just want to quietly sleep
in a translucent wind embraced in wings.
I'm looking for the whereabouts of the destiny I was entrusted with.
A swarm of falling petal-like feathers dance down.
One day, I'll surely be able to reach
the place that will be able to heal my lonesome heart.
My eyes reflect that place before me as I stare upwards into the sky.
I've gathered the fragments of my sadness.
Eternity is so endless and suffocating.
So much that it sounds like something someone would long for.
My dream is but a mirage. But now, somewhere
it's secretly and transiently blooming.
Casey Jarrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Embraced In Wings by Casey Jarrell )
- The stars, her eyes and Love, Ayotunde Bolaji
- I Know I Have A Heart, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Silence, RAJ VIKRAM
- Lost Butterfly, Poetic Lilly Emery
- For every smile there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
- why i wear thermals, Mandolyn ...
- The Secret Of The Universe, Melissa Cantrell
- Paradise, Sharvali Shinde
- Gift., RAJ VIKRAM
- My eyelids, Sergio Jaime
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- How to Write the Great American Indian N.., Sherman Alexie
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1927)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)