Embraced In Wings
The sky far away from here is illuminated.
I fly forth, aiming towards that light, but
the cold rain soaks my wings
and I'm alone again today.
Like the ripples on water, my distant
memories within my heart are wavering.
Right now, I just want to quietly sleep
in a translucent wind embraced in wings.
I'm looking for the whereabouts of the destiny I was entrusted with.
A swarm of falling petal-like feathers dance down.
One day, I'll surely be able to reach
the place that will be able to heal my lonesome heart.
My eyes reflect that place before me as I stare upwards into the sky.
I've gathered the fragments of my sadness.
Eternity is so endless and suffocating.
So much that it sounds like something someone would long for.
My dream is but a mirage. But now, somewhere
it's secretly and transiently blooming.
Casey Jarrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Embraced In Wings by Casey Jarrell )
- I shall never be, hasmukh amathalal
- Water, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Beside you walks a woman, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- A name on the tree, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Standing In The Middle, Katherine Perry
- Non - Compliance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Understanding, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Is homosexual an adultery?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- my heart zeal's with the angels, Antonio Liao
- Peace Of The Soul, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dirge, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Incident In A Rose Garden (By Donald Jus.., michael zhitnitsky
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)