Embraced In Wings
The sky far away from here is illuminated.
I fly forth, aiming towards that light, but
the cold rain soaks my wings
and I'm alone again today.
Like the ripples on water, my distant
memories within my heart are wavering.
Right now, I just want to quietly sleep
in a translucent wind embraced in wings.
I'm looking for the whereabouts of the destiny I was entrusted with.
A swarm of falling petal-like feathers dance down.
One day, I'll surely be able to reach
the place that will be able to heal my lonesome heart.
My eyes reflect that place before me as I stare upwards into the sky.
I've gathered the fragments of my sadness.
Eternity is so endless and suffocating.
So much that it sounds like something someone would long for.
My dream is but a mirage. But now, somewhere
it's secretly and transiently blooming.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Embraced In Wings by Casey Jarrell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Artists (Senryu), Mihaela Pirjol
- heart of den, ademola oluwabusayo
- Rain, Neela Nath
- Somehow...Someway, Charles Hancock
- Truly Inspiring, Electric Lady
- Unrest Soul: Before Ebola Comes, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- मन साफ़ करता है।man saaf karta hai, hasmukh amathalal
- The Communists Recognize Only The Two, C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I AM, hasmukh amathalal
- Tales Of A Wife: Yes I Do, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche