I'd do anything for you my love,
so, she took him at his word;
the end result...emasculation,
(I know it sounds a bit absurd)
but she knew just how to play him,
with a withering phrase or glance;
and when the big decisions came,
it was her that wore the pants.
What he did for love was wrong,
for he chose to be inferior;
to become a wimp for his wife,
and to let her be superior.
Alas, he did nothing to excel,
nothing that made him prominent;
and he was castrated; mentally,
content, to let her be dominant.
In his pitiful role as husband,
he was unglued and then, undone;
as eventually, she rose up to be,
top Alpha dog, and number one.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Emasculation by David Lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love has power, hasmukh amathalal
- Uneasy Rider, Diane Wakoski
- Perfect, Awkward Reality, Simon Quperlier
- The Photos, Diane Wakoski
- Thank You Dad, Damian Murphy
- Change Self Attitude and Find the World .., umaprosad das
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- The Father of My Country, Diane Wakoski
- Life May Move, hasmukh amathalal
- Baby, You Are Poetry!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL