I'd do anything for you my love,
so, she took him at his word;
the end result...emasculation,
(I know it sounds a bit absurd)
but she knew just how to play him,
with a withering phrase or glance;
and when the big decisions came,
it was her that wore the pants.
What he did for love was wrong,
for he chose to be inferior;
to become a wimp for his wife,
and to let her be superior.
Alas, he did nothing to excel,
nothing that made him prominent;
and he was castrated; mentally,
content, to let her be dominant.
In his pitiful role as husband,
he was unglued and then, undone;
as eventually, she rose up to be,
top Alpha dog, and number one.
David Lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Emasculation by David Lessard )
- My address, gajanan mishra
- With dogs and rats, Aftab Alam
- If I Were A Child, Randy McClave
- Who wilt Preach?, Sir Toby
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.43, Robert Graber
- A Balance Of Opinion, Richard Provencher
- Till you come, micheal john
- The Thing Betwixt The Ears, Buxton Shippy
- Going To Heaven, Tony Adah
- Your Party, Dog goD 8Hate