Fly high in the sky like a falcon.
Then beautify the atmosphere like a butterfly.
Come down to earth little angel and see,
the mountains, the valleys, the lakes and seas.
Sing soft like a bird in the morning,
and not like a woman in mourning.
Smile all day and never shade a tear,
for that is cowardly fear.
Carry the unbearable burden of life
with smiles and joy.
Knowing that one day you will enjoy.
Even if the world turns you down,
keep moving and know that;
the darkest hour comes just before dawn.
Listen carefully to those metaphors,
as they come in parables.
Grow in mind, body and spirit like a mustard seed,
to a baobab tree.
Then sing the freedom song and be free.
Dash Black's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Emancipate Yourself by Dash Black )
- When I Die, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- A LONG NIGHT, Satish Verma
- Ideals And Ethical Dreams, Margaret Alice Second
- Inner Peace, Leong Ming Loong
- God! ! man, SALINI NAIR
- ABSENCE OF LOVE, Ali Faisal
- Black Friar, Naveed Khalid
- She looked a million dollars, Erato
- From the Lives of My Friends, Michael Dickman
- WHENEVER A LIFE IS TAKEN, Ali Faisal
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)