Fly high in the sky like a falcon.
Then beautify the atmosphere like a butterfly.
Come down to earth little angel and see,
the mountains, the valleys, the lakes and seas.
Sing soft like a bird in the morning,
and not like a woman in mourning.
Smile all day and never shade a tear,
for that is cowardly fear.
Carry the unbearable burden of life
with smiles and joy.
Knowing that one day you will enjoy.
Even if the world turns you down,
keep moving and know that;
the darkest hour comes just before dawn.
Listen carefully to those metaphors,
as they come in parables.
Grow in mind, body and spirit like a mustard seed,
to a baobab tree.
Then sing the freedom song and be free.
Dash Black's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Emancipate Yourself by Dash Black )
- power of youth, maharshi trivedi
- Let the body die, why should I die?, Aftab Alam
- artist, maharshi trivedi
- life of indigent, maharshi trivedi
- I Freaking Hate Beer!, Mr. Nobody
- PROBLEM OF TODAY'S ERA, maharshi trivedi
- FREE FALL, Bironga Chadwick
- Imbalance, Hans Raj Sharma
- Festival Of Light, Amitava Sur
- YouTube and Phalloplasty, Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)