Fly high in the sky like a falcon.
Then beautify the atmosphere like a butterfly.
Come down to earth little angel and see,
the mountains, the valleys, the lakes and seas.
Sing soft like a bird in the morning,
and not like a woman in mourning.
Smile all day and never shade a tear,
for that is cowardly fear.
Carry the unbearable burden of life
with smiles and joy.
Knowing that one day you will enjoy.
Even if the world turns you down,
keep moving and know that;
the darkest hour comes just before dawn.
Listen carefully to those metaphors,
as they come in parables.
Grow in mind, body and spirit like a mustard seed,
to a baobab tree.
Then sing the freedom song and be free.
Dash Black's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Emancipate Yourself by Dash Black )
- You can or cannot....., Marshall Gass
- Do you still hear them sing?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Blessed light, Rubel das raj
- No Time, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Doctor Visit, Harold R Hunt Sr
- postponed until further -hey, i just not.., Mandolyn ...
- The elusive self., michael walker
- We Honor, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Why Do You Cry?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- read me like this, or don't read me at all, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow