Elliot Bay Blues
For lovers here, there and everywhere……Seattle, June 2011
Elliot Bay Blues
In pensive solitude she stood before a vast ocean of sadness.
Sighing heavily she thinks of the love that was, of the love that is
And the love that could have been,
A love that always will be...
Slowly her shadow drifts into the sound and into the sibilant wind
And into the pristine waters of the bay
Never to be seen again.
As she stares hopelessly into the sunset,
Desirous yet desolate, a perfectly round teardrop rolled down her cheek.
And time stood still.
We inexplicably began to cry, friends and strangers, not knowing why.
But she knows our hearts cry for the one true love,
the love that never was and always will be.
In another life, in another season,
Love was here.
Leonardo Diaz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Elliot Bay Blues by Leonardo Diaz )
- Like attracts like, gajanan mishra
- Toad of my Pocket, Kelly Zion
- On A Mountain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Village song, Tony Adah
- It is best, hasmukh amathalal
- World Of Poetry, Savita Tyagi
- What Can You Teach?, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Genus, Savita Tyagi
- Leave The T.V. Off, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Today I Am Grateful, Liilia Talts Morrison
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)