K J Force
Elimination of Stress and Strife in My Life
Broke the Rules...
Left some clues...
I'm a fool...
Living in a cesspool...
I hear the economy is bad...
And getting worse each day...
Although it hasn't affected me in any way..
I can even keep kosher if I choose..
So what do I have to lose? ...
I get three meals a day..
And sometimes a snack...
Clean clothes everyday I put on my back..
Excercise is a daily routine..
that I choose to do..and it keeps me lean..
My quarters are small..but after all..
We have a room with a big color TV...
And a place for family and friends who visit me...
Healthcare? not a problem you see..
As I don't pay for insurance like thee...
Problem with teeth...rectified
Education, Degree, I can even be Certified..
Because unlike you, who lives outside..
You need to work to survive...
Now I'm a part of the system you see..
And have it much easier than any of thee..
I broke the law and now pay the price...
But I'm still better off than your lousy life...
And when I'm released, I will qualify for...
Medicaid, Medicare and even more...
So you may have done it different than me...
But in 'old age ', we're equal you see?
K J Force's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Elimination of Stress and Strife in My Life by K J Force )
- Beautiful Buxom, John Ugolo Umah
- At accuracy, hasmukh amathalal
- Deep in, Nassy Fesharaki
- No!, Nassy Fesharaki
- Your own existence, gajanan mishra
- FLYING GLASS SHARDS, Satish Verma
- Limerick.4 - One of a Kind, Patricia Grantham
- The Snowman on the Moor, Sylvia Plath
- The Lady And The Earthenware Head, Sylvia Plath
- On The Difficulty Of Conjuring Up A Dryad, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)