K J Force
Elimination of Stress and Strife in My Life
Broke the Rules...
Left some clues...
I'm a fool...
Living in a cesspool...
I hear the economy is bad...
And getting worse each day...
Although it hasn't affected me in any way..
I can even keep kosher if I choose..
So what do I have to lose? ...
I get three meals a day..
And sometimes a snack...
Clean clothes everyday I put on my back..
Excercise is a daily routine..
that I choose to do..and it keeps me lean..
My quarters are small..but after all..
We have a room with a big color TV...
And a place for family and friends who visit me...
Healthcare? not a problem you see..
As I don't pay for insurance like thee...
Problem with teeth...rectified
Education, Degree, I can even be Certified..
Because unlike you, who lives outside..
You need to work to survive...
Now I'm a part of the system you see..
And have it much easier than any of thee..
I broke the law and now pay the price...
But I'm still better off than your lousy life...
And when I'm released, I will qualify for...
Medicaid, Medicare and even more...
So you may have done it different than me...
But in 'old age ', we're equal you see?
K J Force's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Elimination of Stress and Strife in My Life by K J Force )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Christmas Bells, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Where I Am #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- Darkness #2, Holly Wotherspoon
- Last Minute Christmas Eve 1964, mary douglas
- Darkness #1, Holly Wotherspoon
- I Don't Want, Michael P. McParland
- Red Tulips, Holly Wotherspoon
- Holding On, Michael P. McParland
- Holding You Tight, Michael P. McParland
- Hold On, Michael P. McParland
- Just Wasn't Deep Enough, Kyle Schlicher