Soumita Sarkar Ray
Who said it’s enormously easy
to write an eloquent poetry?
Engaging consistency with concentration
Passion and patience in right proportion
Rhyme and rhythm coupled in imagination
Creative ingredients to its level optimum
Adorns the petals of a memorable poem
I am not a renowned writer.
Nor a poet of great repute,
still I prefer to share
few lines of a latent truth.
The dilemma of a poet
pervades every creative corner
What to write?
How to write?
What are the questions?
How to be answered?
Should I borrow an idea?
Should I twist an existing specimen?
Can I go lenient on the lineage?
Can I compromise with a league?
Beware of old thought’s repetition
Be sensitive seek not sensation
Touch new heights of continuation
Recognize the twang of variation
This will garner wide reputation
With an inactive part’s valediction
Soumita Sarkar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Elemental poetry by Soumita Sarkar Ray )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Never again, Leslie Guylee Cron
- The Poor Child, Akhtar Jawad
- Bills, Leslie Guylee Cron
- The Truth of You, Christina de Vries
- Manitoulin Island, Ontario, Richard Provencher
- Daddy Went to Germany, Raluca Neagu
- Family, Leslie Guylee Cron
- Don't Count Stars!, Geetha Jayakumar
- The dacoit turns, hasmukh amathalal
- Barking, Raluca Neagu