The season now upon us
Breathes out darkness, sucks in light
And the words that swathe the policies
Encompass us in night.
For Truth is held in prison
And is grieving for her soul,
While liars drum a roll.
The snappy phrase, evasion
And the blaring trumpet's sound
Distract us while she's buried
Truth's bones will not be found.
"Progress", "change", "a bright new day, "
And the empty race was run
The seasons run their courses -
The Earth spins round the sun.
The dying stars are riven
Their dust will scatter and burn
A golden dawn was promised
But night will soon return.
28th May 2012
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Election by Don Pearson )
- Fun never runs out!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Passing Winds, Tex T Sarnie
- Too Few Words, Tex T Sarnie
- Wake up!, Md. Asadullah
- viper kiss, aaron jimenez
- बहाना/ Bahaanaa, Aftab Alam
- a dream, jaquesha webb
- I Go Far to Fetch the Truth, with Hope, Aftab Alam
- One a.m., Susan Lacovara
- The War Against Lopping, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)