Edge Of Your Skin
Just rip me up
and climb inside
inject me with
what makes you high.
Take a deep breath
then fill me up
and now its something
more then love.
There's some kind of light
at the end
when you touch
the edge of my skin.
Once so hard to speak
now so easily done
that eyes that pierced me once
and i am hypnotized.
Your words they pour
like children to the playground
i am drinking what you have
making that soft sound.
Its the feeling you get
that makes me sweat
this some kinda of day dream i'll never forget
and there's some kind of light
at the end
drinking the stuff that you bred
and touching the edge of your skin.
Sofia Darling's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Edge Of Your Skin by Sofia Darling )
- Die Frau des Gastwirts, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Las Mariposas (the Butterflies), John F. McCullagh
- Hindsight coloured, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Practise dispassion., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Reichsbank Gold, Paul Hartal
- Ferguson Grand Jury, Is It Poetry
- The lost bliss, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Sonnet: Christmas,2014(Advance Greetings), Dr John Celes
- Thread of Communication, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Harold Shipman's Crime, Jacob Mikael Matuszczak
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)