RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Echoes Of Lost Love
Send me not away to death's distant shores -
let me wander endlessly forevermore.
Forget the dreams that can never be realized -
leave behind love's secret whisperings,
for none of them have meaning.
Racing along ocean shorelines,
feeling the pounding of it's waves knocking life down,
burying it beneath shifting sands.
Hiding in shells of envy and conceit, let friendship die also,
under everyone's feet.
Take no recompense along the way
for it will fall quickly through your fingers, leading you astray.
Moonlit nights fall silently before you as shadows of evening
hold the funeral of love's lost love.
Forgiving - nothing - there is nothing to forgive.
Gently taking hold of someone's hand, dying in their presence,
only to live again a thousand deaths before your own is done.
Reverberating through eternity on the chords of a harp,
love sinks at last - beneath the setting sun.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Echoes Of Lost Love by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- The burying of the Ant, Emmanuel George Cefai
- You will attempt I will test., Emmanuel George Cefai
- The cocks by mid-night Called., Emmanuel George Cefai
- Run of the Ages, Emmanuel George Cefai
- White Freshness, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Round the land, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Bonie Lass of Albany, Robert Burns
- In the waters Beauty glides, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Song of the morn, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Star That Overstepped Boundaries, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Frog and The Nightingale, Vikram Seth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(20 June 1952 -)