RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Echoes Of Lost Love
Send me not away to death's distant shores -
let me wander endlessly forevermore.
Forget the dreams that can never be realized -
leave behind love's secret whisperings,
for none of them have meaning.
Racing along ocean shorelines,
feeling the pounding of it's waves knocking life down,
burying it beneath shifting sands.
Hiding in shells of envy and conceit, let friendship die also,
under everyone's feet.
Take no recompense along the way
for it will fall quickly through your fingers, leading you astray.
Moonlit nights fall silently before you as shadows of evening
hold the funeral of love's lost love.
Forgiving - nothing - there is nothing to forgive.
Gently taking hold of someone's hand, dying in their presence,
only to live again a thousand deaths before your own is done.
Reverberating through eternity on the chords of a harp,
love sinks at last - beneath the setting sun.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Echoes Of Lost Love by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- Bird's View - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- motherly love, Candymarie Nevin
- Random Thought, fletcher maddern
- Still Awake 2, Michael P. McParland
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak