RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Echoes Of Lost Love
Send me not away to death's distant shores -
let me wander endlessly forevermore.
Forget the dreams that can never be realized -
leave behind love's secret whisperings,
for none of them have meaning.
Racing along ocean shorelines,
feeling the pounding of it's waves knocking life down,
burying it beneath shifting sands.
Hiding in shells of envy and conceit, let friendship die also,
under everyone's feet.
Take no recompense along the way
for it will fall quickly through your fingers, leading you astray.
Moonlit nights fall silently before you as shadows of evening
hold the funeral of love's lost love.
Forgiving - nothing - there is nothing to forgive.
Gently taking hold of someone's hand, dying in their presence,
only to live again a thousand deaths before your own is done.
Reverberating through eternity on the chords of a harp,
love sinks at last - beneath the setting sun.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Echoes Of Lost Love by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Mixed Up, Ima Ryma
- Unseen water, Pintu Mahakul
- _Erato my Muse of love poetry, Erato
- AN EMOTIONAL STORY I COULDN'T TELL, Godspower Oshodin
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid