Ecclesiastes Of A Youth: Part 1
(written in 2010)
With this life, am I pleasing the Lord?
Is this life sincerely praising Him?
Is this life speaking of His accord
And says great things 'bout Elohim?
God showed my short comings so I said,
'O our Father, I'm singing in vain
And my worship sings not with my life!
I have failed You - again and again -
and have broken my vows in Your fief! '
Though I may've become intelligent,
I am still nothing *before the Lord!
I may say my wisdom's sufficient
But I'm still foolish *before the Lord!
I am nothing! I am meaningless!
A servant so unfaithful and weak!
Why make fools with life if this will end,
Laugh at my follies when they will be judged?
Knowing these, again I spoke to God,
'O God, I'm unworthy of your grace!
Why bless this sinful servant of Yours?
My heart is unclean to give You praise!
Why do You embrace this child of curse? '
'My heart is grieved for it can't please You,
Broken knowing that I'm unworthy!
I'm downcast for I've sinned against You,
Depressed for not giving You glory! '
' O Lord, to You I am so ashamed
For sinning against You many times!
I'm so shameful of bearing Your name
For committing many vicious crimes! '
*or 'before Yahweh'
Yehoshua Shim'onai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ecclesiastes Of A Youth: Part 1 by Yehoshua Shim'onai )
- Resurgence, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Returning from the Broken Mirror Myth, Gabriel Sumon
- Tour Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ZZ Animals Flunk These 2014 Candidates, Saiom Shriver
- my pool days, lee fones
- Enough is enough, Pat Raia
- Cherry on Top Sundries Shoppe, Steve Kittell
- Contemporary-time Indian English Poets A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Importance of compassion, gajanan mishra
- A Flower Which Dreams, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)