At the start of each day, turn your eyes eastwards
and you will see the sky slowly open up her heart
to reveal a mighty dazzling orb, shimmering in the
Then look into your own heart to see if you can catch
a glimpse of its reflection there. If you can, then
you have, for a brief moment, touched eternity.
If you don`t see it, then close your eyes and keep
trying so that one day you surely will, and its beauty
will be so great that you will never ever turn away.
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eastwards by Valerie Dohren )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Think Before You Speak, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude of my mother., Vishal Sharma
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon
- Poets (bilingual), Sandra Feldman
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Cure For Winter Blues, Doris Beaulieu
- Tractor Pulls (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- What It Would Take, David Whalen
- ASHES IN THE EYES, MOHAMMAD SKATI