At the start of each day, turn your eyes eastwards
and you will see the sky slowly open up her heart
to reveal a mighty dazzling orb, shimmering in the
Then look into your own heart to see if you can catch
a glimpse of its reflection there. If you can, then
you have, for a brief moment, touched eternity.
If you don`t see it, then close your eyes and keep
trying so that one day you surely will, and its beauty
will be so great that you will never ever turn away.
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eastwards by Valerie Dohren )
Did you read them?
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid
- Romance II, Naveed Khalid
- azoneofpoetryaartisphoenixnow, Nyein Way
- Dungeon, Naveed Khalid
- Rosicrucianism, Naveed Khalid
- Harvest Moon I, Naveed Khalid