At the start of each day, turn your eyes eastwards
and you will see the sky slowly open up her heart
to reveal a mighty dazzling orb, shimmering in the
Then look into your own heart to see if you can catch
a glimpse of its reflection there. If you can, then
you have, for a brief moment, touched eternity.
If you don`t see it, then close your eyes and keep
trying so that one day you surely will, and its beauty
will be so great that you will never ever turn away.
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eastwards by Valerie Dohren )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)