Earth, You Are So Cruel
Oh powerless earth! How long will you consume the innocent?
You shake in terror and terrify the breath on you.
You wash yourself When they are not done repairing their
Shelters. You are so weakened by the structures build
On you, you are boiling with anger. You sometimes
Let it flow down the mountain. Oh earth! You
Have covered your head and feet with ice for you know your
Anger. Why be proud knowing that you are full of moods.
You cannot even control your feelings. Speak up I say.
Stop the temporary pests that make them use their
Treasures. You are so selfish; you try to destroy their crops
By locust during the day. Why won't you stand up for yourself?
Why send the tarmacs to mess up their fortunes?
Why won't you realize that you are a coward. You should swallow
Your pride, it has no impact on their souls and it is pointless.
You should be ashamed of yourself for they are the one who are
Making you who you are. Perhaps you should think of the future
For they believe one-day, they will leave you and go somewhere.
By than to them, you will be history that is not worth talking
About. Change before it is too late for you. Shame on you!
Musa Ndhlovu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Earth, You Are So Cruel by Musa Ndhlovu )
- food walk, lee fones
- The Now., RAJ VIKRAM
- The technique of survival., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Gift Logic Can't Buy, Donal Mahoney
- Rain-A Mirror, RAJ VIKRAM
- My Hero, Electric Lady
- A Drive, Kai Wendland
- a heart full of love..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Poppy Flower, Zubair Ali
- Remembrance., RAJ VIKRAM
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)