Earth is writing herself into poems
Earth is writing herself into poems,
For poetry is what she feels within her deepest being;
And all the emotions of her mind are seasons,
And being so large and slow moving,
Her emotions pass only very tediously;
So that it takes many months
To complete the shift from hot and voluptuous
To thin and chill.
Earth hides her poetry in flowers and birds,
In clouds and rain showers.
Earth buries her words in soft soil
And tumultuous waves.
Her vocabulary so beautiful by now
She never has to erase a single line.
Wherever earth weeps, new growth springs up
In compassion, to cover over the old scars.
Patti Masterman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Earth is writing herself into poems by Patti Masterman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Poetic Journey, Sandra Feldman
- Start Afresh, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Am, Luc Leclaire
- PTSD, Jennifer Matthews
- The House On Mountain Peek, StarrLee Waterman
- Damaged Heart, StarrLee Waterman
- Wandering Lost Souls Homeless Outcasts, Terence G. Craddock
- one door, binod bastola
- Then and Now, John F. McCullagh
- A CELESTIAL PARTY, Romeo Della Valle