Earth and heaven
See me, I am on this earth.
Test me, I do not want to go to heaven.
I want to make this earth more than heaven,
I want not to go to heaven,
I know, those who are in heaven
Suffer from envy, jealousy and vanity.
I want to love all
I want to provide equal status to all
I think heaven enjoyments are sins
I do not want to go to heaven.
My lovely earth is far better than any heaven,
My earth is the only place to perform righteousness
And all virtuous actions such as sacrifice, charity
Penance and vow, my earth is the best that I know.
gajanan mishra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Earth and heaven by gajanan mishra )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- If I Knew Someone Cared, Nicole Rawls
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- CHERYL winter
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)