Earth and heaven
See me, I am on this earth.
Test me, I do not want to go to heaven.
I want to make this earth more than heaven,
I want not to go to heaven,
I know, those who are in heaven
Suffer from envy, jealousy and vanity.
I want to love all
I want to provide equal status to all
I think heaven enjoyments are sins
I do not want to go to heaven.
My lovely earth is far better than any heaven,
My earth is the only place to perform righteousness
And all virtuous actions such as sacrifice, charity
Penance and vow, my earth is the best that I know.
gajanan mishra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Earth and heaven by gajanan mishra )
Did you read them?
- Organized supports is a prison., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- No more pregnancy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Grace Me, Michael McParland
- 168., John Westlake
- The Stuff We Are Made Of., Tony Adah
- remembering the wedding Anniversary.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Fishing For An Appropriate Taste, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Let us not be, hasmukh amathalal
- Is Life?, Neela Nath
- Star Tree, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)