E09 David became King
The death of Saul's did throw,
David in deep sorrow;
He began to lament
At the king's bereavement.
At the bottom of his heart,
David had always kept
His devotion and respect
For Saul in every aspect.
He said, 'Saul was the one,
Whom God had chosen
As king of Israel
And rule its people.'
Also, the death of Saul's son,
And his friend, Jonathan
Threw him deep down
In the sorrowful ocean.
Israelites came to David
And submissively they said,
'You fought every battle
Even during Saul's rule.'
'It's the Lord's promise
A king, you shall be to rule us.'
So, he fulfilled God's command
As well as Israelite's demand.
Many battles David fought.
Victory after victory he got.
The Covenant Box, he brought
To Jerusalem center at last.
One mistake David did.
It wasn't liked by God.
Widow Bathsheba, he married.
In a cunning way, this he did.
David fell for the beauty
Of Bathsheba, the lady
Of Uriah, the Hittite
One day, when he met.
To the battle front,
Uriah, he had sent,
And got him killed there
In an unfair manner.
On account of this sin,
David lost his son,
For which he regretted
And later on repented.
Next, Bathsheba bore him a son.
They named him Solomon,
Who rose up to fame
Later, for his wisdom.
Simple Simon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (E09 David became King by Simple Simon )
- Star Tree, douglas scotney
- The Road to Heaven is Only One, Dr John Celes
- Capable and real, hasmukh amathalal
- This Is What Makes A Rhyming Poem, arshad arshad
- I write not for you, Havilah
- This Isn't My Body, Elizabeth Tyrrell
- Love me..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Certainly prove, hasmukh amathalal
- I want to say goodbye, michael hagwood
- It is casual, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)