As my life begins to ebb away I feel so all alone,
No one can walk this path for me,
I must make it on my own.
Although I can share the journey it’s through my eyes
You see the wonder that surrounds me now my spirituality.
I wish I could show you all the things I see revealed.
But until our time to leave this earth
some things are kept concealed
I am being shown the way from this life to the next
There’s so much to take in all at once for you,
You’d be perplexed. For you dwell within
the physical it’s where you comprehend
While I float between two worlds of which there is no end.
I understand so well your fear I wish that you could see
That what I see beyond this life… is life eternally.
As my time to leave grows nearer I will try to let you know each step
I’m on along this path before I have to go.
I’m not afraid, as you can see I’ve travelled down the path of what they
Call my “dying time” and seen the aftermath.
I think our “dying time” is our time to prepare ourselves
And those around us for the end that is so near.
It’s a time of readjustments a time of letting go
Somehow life has prepared us somehow these things we know.
My mind now seems to be more concentrated
“There” No longer do I long for life as I knew it here.
I’m ready now to say good-bye and I know how you will grieve
But please have faith…we’ll meet again this you must believe.
I shared my journey with you I’m so glad that you were here
And as we’ve been our whole life through…
Please trust that I’ll be near.
When that day or night comes to you
I will help you comprehend remember you
won’t be alone I will be there till the end.
Mary Wismer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DYING TIME by Mary Wismer )
- Pride and Devotion, R B Seals
- tO Watch? 'The Maze Runner' 2014 online .., canadi arese
- Piece of peace, george albot
- THE POEM FROM HINTERLAND, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- An Elixir, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sirene, Tanja Bulovic
- Dream Life, Nassy Fesharaki
- u want? Watch 'Divergent' Free Online St.., ada ajakaunak
- The Jackalope Man, Like a Goose to Florida, Bruce Larkin
- I'm Wally the Wacky Warlock, Bruce Larkin
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- FRee! ! Barcelona vs Ajax Live. Streamin.., miami dupli
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)