As my life begins to ebb away I feel so all alone,
No one can walk this path for me,
I must make it on my own.
Although I can share the journey it’s through my eyes
You see the wonder that surrounds me now my spirituality.
I wish I could show you all the things I see revealed.
But until our time to leave this earth
some things are kept concealed
I am being shown the way from this life to the next
There’s so much to take in all at once for you,
You’d be perplexed. For you dwell within
the physical it’s where you comprehend
While I float between two worlds of which there is no end.
I understand so well your fear I wish that you could see
That what I see beyond this life… is life eternally.
As my time to leave grows nearer I will try to let you know each step
I’m on along this path before I have to go.
I’m not afraid, as you can see I’ve travelled down the path of what they
Call my “dying time” and seen the aftermath.
I think our “dying time” is our time to prepare ourselves
And those around us for the end that is so near.
It’s a time of readjustments a time of letting go
Somehow life has prepared us somehow these things we know.
My mind now seems to be more concentrated
“There” No longer do I long for life as I knew it here.
I’m ready now to say good-bye and I know how you will grieve
But please have faith…we’ll meet again this you must believe.
I shared my journey with you I’m so glad that you were here
And as we’ve been our whole life through…
Please trust that I’ll be near.
When that day or night comes to you
I will help you comprehend remember you
won’t be alone I will be there till the end.
Mary Wismer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DYING TIME by Mary Wismer )
- Mexican Food With Jesus, Mr. Nobody
- Sonnet of Pain, Sierra Staten
- Particle Of Breath, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- थिरिँ बिरिँ x5, Ronjoy Brahma
- Come Come, Tango Tango
- God Teaches Geology (M-F), Mr. Nobody
- I am Running Faster, Akhtar Jawad
- (समनि नायथाय) गुफुर उखुन्दैनि खुवाया, Ronjoy Brahma
- Alien Encounter, Robert Eckstein
- >>Bad Fruits, Abdul Wahab
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1886 - 1967)