'Drugs Or Jesus'
'Drugs Or Jesus, '
which road do you choose?
'No man can serve two masters:
for either he will hate the one, and love the other;
or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other'
So how can we serve God and drugs?
This saying applies to all
we can't live for the flesh.
Are you still looking for truth?
Well this is the truth;
Jesus is on High
and you don't have to get 'high'
this is our fight
when we sleep we can't fight
why should we embarrass Christ?
There are so many types of drugs;
nicotine, alcohol, and unholy lust.
Why can't we just follow God?
We'll all stand at the judgment bar
we'll all give a record
let's make it so we're not ashamed;
Jesus is the only way.
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Drugs Or Jesus' by Kelly Zion )
- leave, Vanessa Parodia
- Two Books For Each Person, Is It Poetry
- Moment, Vanessa Parodia
- The Broken Heart, kashif khan
- The Posture Of Consciousness, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Cloudy eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ill luck, hasmukh amathalal
- The Peasant, kashif khan
- Insanity Of Control, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Barren Future, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(22 March 1941 -)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns