The Silent Sword
Thousands of little drops,
The rain falls down.
Vessels of the hurt,
Sinking in the ground.
Only a few of the many,
And of the many of the few,
Is a single crystal droplet,
In which everything is true.
As the droplet falls downward,
You have seconds to decide.
To pick from the thousands,
And find that which is mine.
Once it meets the earth,
It will fade into time.
So none will ever find it,
And never read the lines.
The Silent Sword's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
A single tear.
Comments about this poem (Droplet by The Silent Sword )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Michael P. McParland
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(1886 - 1967)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Forgive Me Please, Michael P. McParland
- Concentrate On The Game, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Come Join Me?, Michael P. McParland
- Come Hold Me, Michael P. McParland
- Come Be With Me, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas, Michael P. McParland
- Change And Hope? What A Joke., Michael P. McParland
- Candy, Michael P. McParland
- Can I Belong?, Michael P. McParland
- Calling Voice, Michael P. McParland