Little King of Sorrows
Riding around in your Chevy,
Aint that pistol gettin heavy?
Beads of sweat run down your face,
coming up, another murder case.
Goin down one more block.
Lookin down at your glock.
Rollin down passanger window.
Pull the trigger. Another widow.
Leaving the scene at top speed.
All gangs are is guns and weed.
Month of june you became a member.
Killed 4 people by september.
'Pull it over' the policemen shout.
You made the team. But now want out.
Your brother says, ' Won't go out like this'
'Let me out' you yell and hiss.
You tuck and roll to side of the ridge.
And watch his car go off the bridge.
The cops say' You killed that guy outside the bar'
They slam your face against the car.
Few months later you enter court,
for all those lives you ended short.
What a waste and what a shame.
You chose that life. Noone else to blame.
The sentence echoes in your ears.
You try so hard to hold back tears.
The judgement of your greatest fears.
Sit and rot for 100 years.
(summer of 98) 17yrs old.
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Driveby by Little King of Sorrows )
- There Are Two Worlds, Neela Nath
- Dirt Is Not Love, Neela Nath
- from 'The Double V', Morgan Michaels
- God Feeds the Birds, Dr John Celes
- Floating On, Neela Nath
- Perhaps I Did It Once, Shalom Freedman
- Surya, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Three ceremonies, Aftab Alam
- A Flight, Amitava Sur
- Insulted poet, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)