My heart has strayed,
Deep into eden's wild.
Far it has drifted
From the world's melancholy.
My thought wanders wild,
Far from reason's shore.
It drifts slowly and deeper
Into the vast blue ocean of love.
My anchor wouldn't hold.
My heart drifts away, helplessly
And there is not naught to hold it back.
What is this confusion?
That a man be torn between home and love?
Please donot take my heart away.
Do not let it drift into the ocean's wild,
Lest it's broken when its hope are high.
These promises you have,
I do believe
But wonder if they be true.
Please let my helpless heart be.
Let it in peace be still.
This ocean is fearfully beautiful
And i fear it brings me doom.
But if you are sure of its grandeur state,
Then let us sail where 'er you may.
But please my dear,
Bring my heart back in one piece,
So that if you are gone,
I may live in peace.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Drifting Heart by Precious Okidika )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)
(25 August 1962 -)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Remember, Anne Sexton
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Yes, I am emotional, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Perspective, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Let the music play on, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A Girl's Proposal, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Man, Katherina Palomo
- Move on, Edward Clapham
- Only the View, David Lewis Paget
- Out-of-body Experience, Colm Keenan
- Burqawali Bibi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Gentle Soul, Joseph Narusiewicz