My heart has strayed,
Deep into eden's wild.
Far it has drifted
From the world's melancholy.
My thought wanders wild,
Far from reason's shore.
It drifts slowly and deeper
Into the vast blue ocean of love.
My anchor wouldn't hold.
My heart drifts away, helplessly
And there is not naught to hold it back.
What is this confusion?
That a man be torn between home and love?
Please donot take my heart away.
Do not let it drift into the ocean's wild,
Lest it's broken when its hope are high.
These promises you have,
I do believe
But wonder if they be true.
Please let my helpless heart be.
Let it in peace be still.
This ocean is fearfully beautiful
And i fear it brings me doom.
But if you are sure of its grandeur state,
Then let us sail where 'er you may.
But please my dear,
Bring my heart back in one piece,
So that if you are gone,
I may live in peace.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Drifting Heart by Precious Okidika )
- Unanswerable 1, Frank Avon
- As wrong as right, Cee Bea
- Incense On Fire, sallam yassin
- The Canine, Justin Reamer
- Remaining In The Shadows, brandy taffner
- Pride and Devotion, R B Seals
- tO Watch? 'The Maze Runner' 2014 online .., canadi arese
- Piece of peace, george albot
- THE POEM FROM HINTERLAND, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- An Elixir, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- FRee! ! Barcelona vs Ajax Live. Streamin.., miami dupli
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)