My heart has strayed,
Deep into eden's wild.
Far it has drifted
From the world's melancholy.
My thought wanders wild,
Far from reason's shore.
It drifts slowly and deeper
Into the vast blue ocean of love.
My anchor wouldn't hold.
My heart drifts away, helplessly
And there is not naught to hold it back.
What is this confusion?
That a man be torn between home and love?
Please donot take my heart away.
Do not let it drift into the ocean's wild,
Lest it's broken when its hope are high.
These promises you have,
I do believe
But wonder if they be true.
Please let my helpless heart be.
Let it in peace be still.
This ocean is fearfully beautiful
And i fear it brings me doom.
But if you are sure of its grandeur state,
Then let us sail where 'er you may.
But please my dear,
Bring my heart back in one piece,
So that if you are gone,
I may live in peace.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Drifting Heart by Precious Okidika )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Time heals, salma. torrez
- A cowardly disguise, Cheryl Butler
- Are Farm Animals Like Humans? ……. [spe.., Bri Edwards
- Vows Broken, The Zentire World Missed L.., Monk E. Biz
- ONE MORE TIME, Romeo Della Valle
- Why Must You Own Me?, Monk E. Biz
- Crescent Cradle, Saiom Shriver
- Flowers Do Eventually Wilt, Hazel Durham
- No se amor, Sergio Jaime
- Haiku: Colored Perceptions, Brian Johnston