My heart has strayed,
Deep into eden's wild.
Far it has drifted
From the world's melancholy.
My thought wanders wild,
Far from reason's shore.
It drifts slowly and deeper
Into the vast blue ocean of love.
My anchor wouldn't hold.
My heart drifts away, helplessly
And there is not naught to hold it back.
What is this confusion?
That a man be torn between home and love?
Please donot take my heart away.
Do not let it drift into the ocean's wild,
Lest it's broken when its hope are high.
These promises you have,
I do believe
But wonder if they be true.
Please let my helpless heart be.
Let it in peace be still.
This ocean is fearfully beautiful
And i fear it brings me doom.
But if you are sure of its grandeur state,
Then let us sail where 'er you may.
But please my dear,
Bring my heart back in one piece,
So that if you are gone,
I may live in peace.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Drifting Heart by Precious Okidika )
- It Really Ain't So Bad.... In Hell ......., Bri Edwards
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
- Where Did Mommy Go, Stephen Morris Jr
- me sisters dog, lee fones
- On Cold Grey Mountain, John Martinez
- I KNEW LOVE, SHARON YAKOWA
- I'm Still Here, Stephen Morris Jr
- tramp, lee fones
- Leaves On The Grass, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Thought Process, Mitta Xinindlu
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Bright Glow, Joyce Hemsley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Very Short Song, Dorothy Parker
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Love's Philosophy, Percy Bysshe Shelley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)