I wanted to give her a sky,
She opted for just a cloud,
A patch of soft, white cloud,
In the azure sky. Then, she hid
Herself behind it, and with it,
Right before my two eyes,
Rode away in a graceful glide,
Slowly drifting away, to obscurity!
14 March 2014
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Drifted Away... by Khairul Ahsan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- With prayers, hasmukh amathalal
- Everywhere I Go, Luc Leclaire
- Mississippi Moments, Connie Marcum Wong
- Questions Of Eternal Doubt, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Remembering Mother, Liilia Talts Morrison
- the heat is on, Mandolyn ...
- To Valerie Macon New Poet Laureate of No.., mary douglas
- Visiting The Edge, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- From a C.D. sold at Walmart, Richard Thripp
- MH17, John F. McCullagh