When I was a child, I dreamed,
and dreams were that I became a man
and all my dreams and dreamings
disappeared, until you came into my life.
I had thought I should die without my dreams,
but you, upon entering my soul
awakened my heart and brought me back from sleep.
It was, at that moment, I saw...
that I had betrayed my reality
and misplaced all my dreams.
For my dreams were most innocent and pure -
I was still the child
and my dreams had been your song.
I looked for you while I slept and in
my awakening I searched and found
You had always been with me, holding,
carrying and protecting my dreams,
until the day I awakened and became the child
who had once dreamed he was a man.
Melek Yuzlu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams by Melek Yuzlu )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Song Of Despair, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Night Before Christmas (at the cat l.., Randal Johnson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Death wish, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Tribute to myself, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Language dilemna, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- My funeral, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- The Students into Terrorism, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Hater, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- What is me, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- So we free, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- Nature on Earth (Acrostic 2), soulful heart
- Out of danger, hasmukh amathalal