When I was a child, I dreamed,
and dreams were that I became a man
and all my dreams and dreamings
disappeared, until you came into my life.
I had thought I should die without my dreams,
but you, upon entering my soul
awakened my heart and brought me back from sleep.
It was, at that moment, I saw...
that I had betrayed my reality
and misplaced all my dreams.
For my dreams were most innocent and pure -
I was still the child
and my dreams had been your song.
I looked for you while I slept and in
my awakening I searched and found
You had always been with me, holding,
carrying and protecting my dreams,
until the day I awakened and became the child
who had once dreamed he was a man.
Melek Yuzlu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams by Melek Yuzlu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- BEFORE YOU CAST THE STONE, kevinsky nyaga
- Remembering you Bother, NEDRA WILSON
- Noemia de Sousa (The Poem of Joao), African Poems
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman
- But you are abandoning me, gajanan mishra
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra