When I was a child, I dreamed,
and dreams were that I became a man
and all my dreams and dreamings
disappeared, until you came into my life.
I had thought I should die without my dreams,
but you, upon entering my soul
awakened my heart and brought me back from sleep.
It was, at that moment, I saw...
that I had betrayed my reality
and misplaced all my dreams.
For my dreams were most innocent and pure -
I was still the child
and my dreams had been your song.
I looked for you while I slept and in
my awakening I searched and found
You had always been with me, holding,
carrying and protecting my dreams,
until the day I awakened and became the child
who had once dreamed he was a man.
Melek Yuzlu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams by Melek Yuzlu )
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Stronghold: Macchu Picchu, Brandt Nightingale
- Friends, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Yes/No, Morgan Michaels
- Chibok Blues, Tony Adah
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt