Dream of Love
I wish sometimes life was fair.
Then perhaps love would follow soothe.
I had dreamt about love
One that never fails though it errs
I had held that dream in a place i felt it safe
But perhaps it is i who err
For love i've learnt does not heed faithful men.
Do not misjudge my righteousness
I have known myself not perfect
But had hoped to be loved just as i love.
Perhaps not all men enjoy the luck
To lay at night in the bossom of love
To watch her sleep like a doll
To know in your heart that she is yours.
Some are condemned to waking to loneliness
To drink strong wine and dine with themselves
While i yet still hope
I pray i had not found love and let it pass
For then vain would be my wait.
I hope some how along lives course
I will find a love that never fails
The kind that holds true to faithful men.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dream of Love by Precious Okidika )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- To Neilburg, Trevor Toews
- The New Norm, Michelle Dragonfly
- Context, Trevor Toews
- Love Stoned, Electric Lady
- The Guardian, Trevor Toews
- 'I Love You, I Love You.', Michelle Dragonfly
- Screams In The Dark, Michelle Dragonfly
- Christmas Haiku, Mr. Nobody
- Problems, Michelle Dragonfly
- Busy, Michelle Dragonfly