Dream of Love
I wish sometimes life was fair.
Then perhaps love would follow soothe.
I had dreamt about love
One that never fails though it errs
I had held that dream in a place i felt it safe
But perhaps it is i who err
For love i've learnt does not heed faithful men.
Do not misjudge my righteousness
I have known myself not perfect
But had hoped to be loved just as i love.
Perhaps not all men enjoy the luck
To lay at night in the bossom of love
To watch her sleep like a doll
To know in your heart that she is yours.
Some are condemned to waking to loneliness
To drink strong wine and dine with themselves
While i yet still hope
I pray i had not found love and let it pass
For then vain would be my wait.
I hope some how along lives course
I will find a love that never fails
The kind that holds true to faithful men.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dream of Love by Precious Okidika )
- The Nigerian Politician, Joseph Ogbonna
- The lonely sun..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Textman, Naveed Khalid
- सिरि मोनथाम, Ronjoy Brahma
- Mother-land I weep for thee, Joseph Ogbonna
- Mother Teresa and I, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Still Here, silenced work
- A Village Girl, Naveed Khalid
- A Song Of Harp, Naveed Khalid
- An African Woman I am... a Blessing or a.., Vivian Muciri
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)