Dream of Love
I wish sometimes life was fair.
Then perhaps love would follow soothe.
I had dreamt about love
One that never fails though it errs
I had held that dream in a place i felt it safe
But perhaps it is i who err
For love i've learnt does not heed faithful men.
Do not misjudge my righteousness
I have known myself not perfect
But had hoped to be loved just as i love.
Perhaps not all men enjoy the luck
To lay at night in the bossom of love
To watch her sleep like a doll
To know in your heart that she is yours.
Some are condemned to waking to loneliness
To drink strong wine and dine with themselves
While i yet still hope
I pray i had not found love and let it pass
For then vain would be my wait.
I hope some how along lives course
I will find a love that never fails
The kind that holds true to faithful men.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dream of Love by Precious Okidika )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Mad truth....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Summer's End, Rebecca Leidner
- Before the Storm, Justin Reamer
- A Fast Approaching Storm (tanka), hap rochelle
- Rescue Dog, Rebecca Leidner
- Dream Of The Sequined School Assembly Wi.., mary douglas
- Passage, Rebecca Leidner
- Love, Howard, Rebecca Leidner
- LOOK AT ME!, Denis Martindale
- It's All Lemon Chiffon, mary douglas