Dream of Love
I wish sometimes life was fair.
Then perhaps love would follow soothe.
I had dreamt about love
One that never fails though it errs
I had held that dream in a place i felt it safe
But perhaps it is i who err
For love i've learnt does not heed faithful men.
Do not misjudge my righteousness
I have known myself not perfect
But had hoped to be loved just as i love.
Perhaps not all men enjoy the luck
To lay at night in the bossom of love
To watch her sleep like a doll
To know in your heart that she is yours.
Some are condemned to waking to loneliness
To drink strong wine and dine with themselves
While i yet still hope
I pray i had not found love and let it pass
For then vain would be my wait.
I hope some how along lives course
I will find a love that never fails
The kind that holds true to faithful men.
Precious Okidika's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dream of Love by Precious Okidika )
- Saying I Do, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- A SONG FOR YOU, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Quick-Sand, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- this day, sheade rudman
- Love Always, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Smile Not For All, Savita Tyagi
- Life with you, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Love for OLUEBUBE, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Broken Dreams, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- My mattress, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)