Burning them in the dark
Where the lovesick lie
What if we don't?
The lonely fault was mine
Buried under a meaningless guise
Can you catch before the fall?
And if you don't?
Would our secrets remain secrets?
Are you the kind to fall?
Or the ones to jump off?
Writhing in temporary bliss
And we revel in the ephemera
I can't keep seeing the memories
The candles float upon the water
But the light hardly shines
I can't see you
Yet the melodies reach me
I'm blinded by the shroud
I can feel your hand
But where's the warmth?
And you who slip through
A quiet dream
And yet she went quietly
But I still see all of our ghosts
Autumn Winds's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dream Catcher by Autumn Winds )
- How Do You?, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- My religion, gajanan mishra
- Self-centered, Somanathan Iyer
- Human Male, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- strange is the mindset!, Somanathan Iyer
- DREAMS........., Saturday Chikezie Promise
- For My Love, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- On pins and needles, gajanan mishra
- Soul's Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Images Of Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Prayer Before Birth, Louis Macneice
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(15 April 1958)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)