Burning them in the dark
Where the lovesick lie
What if we don't?
The lonely fault was mine
Buried under a meaningless guise
Can you catch before the fall?
And if you don't?
Would our secrets remain secrets?
Are you the kind to fall?
Or the ones to jump off?
Writhing in temporary bliss
And we revel in the ephemera
I can't keep seeing the memories
The candles float upon the water
But the light hardly shines
I can't see you
Yet the melodies reach me
I'm blinded by the shroud
I can feel your hand
But where's the warmth?
And you who slip through
A quiet dream
And yet she went quietly
But I still see all of our ghosts
Autumn Winds's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dream Catcher by Autumn Winds )
- Tour Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ZZ Animals Flunk These 2014 Candidates, Saiom Shriver
- my pool days, lee fones
- Enough is enough, Pat Raia
- A list of the most stupid things said to.., Mae AC.
- Cherry on Top Sundries Shoppe, Steve Kittell
- Contemporary-time Indian English Poets A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Importance of compassion, gajanan mishra
- A Flower Which Dreams, Rohit Sapra
- Ways of Being Me, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Ernest Christopher Dowson
(2 August 1867 – 23 February 1900)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)