Burning them in the dark
Where the lovesick lie
What if we don't?
The lonely fault was mine
Buried under a meaningless guise
Can you catch before the fall?
And if you don't?
Would our secrets remain secrets?
Are you the kind to fall?
Or the ones to jump off?
Writhing in temporary bliss
And we revel in the ephemera
I can't keep seeing the memories
The candles float upon the water
But the light hardly shines
I can't see you
Yet the melodies reach me
I'm blinded by the shroud
I can feel your hand
But where's the warmth?
And you who slip through
A quiet dream
And yet she went quietly
But I still see all of our ghosts
Autumn Winds's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dream Catcher by Autumn Winds )
- unheard pleas, cheynne dries
- The Mild Tiger Among Wild Men, rajendran muthiah
- dont take your life, cheynne dries
- My Life, M.J Donnchadh
- The Living Mirror, Jessica Gabanyic
- caked mud on the doorbell, Mandolyn ...
- Magnificent Armada, Saiom Shriver
- What is final, gajanan mishra
- ZZ Ernest Johnson, MD, Saiom Shriver
- soaking in the arms of a phantom, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)