Drag Myself To Bed
Waiting out the kebab shop at half past 3
waiting for a cab to pull up beside it
drunk girls walk buy asking for a smoke
turning them down even the blokes
just want to get home and rest me head
drag my drunk arse to bloody bed.
Not taking any birds back home tonight
most of them look like they've been in a fight
big nose and big bellys
most of them want to be on the telly
just want to get home and rest my head
drag my drunk arse to bed.
Had alot of bad nights like this
standing in a shop door way having a piss
some girls walk by asking for a look
some even want to borrow a fiver
i say no love go away and leave me alone
all i want to do is get home
get some sleep and rest my head
and drag my arse to bloody bed.
Getting in the taxi it's now half 4
i manage to fall to bloody floor
he picks me up and puts me on the seat
and ask where i live whats your street
i tell the man and he drives off
all i want to do is rest my head
so fall asleep on the seat thinking it's my bed.
I wake the next morning can't remember a thing
i dont even remember how i got home
and i can't believe i've even lost my phone
it doesnt feel like i've rested my head
and i don't know who drag my arse to bloody bed.
Steven Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Drag Myself To Bed by Steven Harris )
- if i were a day, i'd say, Mandolyn ...
- In bed, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The real moments of truth anytime لحظات .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- to the one who reads me every day on pur.., Mandolyn ...
- to the one who reads me every day, on ac.., Mandolyn ...
- WE POOR VICTIMs, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- Weekend thrill., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Just Before Dawn, Tosin Abegunde
- School., Harold R Hunt Sr
- One's greed leads to one's ugly and gree.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)