Down to the Smallest Things
comes from somewhere else
and becomes what it is.
That smallest thing
would not be what it is
had it not come from somewhere else.
What chance anything larger
being what it is
had it not come from somewhere else? No chance.
No doubt about somewhere else.
No chance no somewhere else.
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Down to the Smallest Things by douglas scotney )
- Hurricane Julie, Jeffrey Smith
- winter's advice, teresa sellers
- True Homies, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- antidisestablishmentarianism, Von Kimball Barney
- The answer is blowin' in the wind, Chenou Liu
- Distance, Mishka Allport
- Petals fall, Nassy Fesharaki
- Photo Thoughts, GRANT FRASER
- Make in India, gajanan mishra
- Respectable, Dean Meredith
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)