For the first time now I'm truly doubting reality.
I'm not sure I'm left with a single bit of sanity.
Nothing seems to connect between you and me,
our experiences points of view are all strangely askew.
I don't know what's really real anymore.
I'm doubting everything I remember or even the reality of what I do.
I'm doubting that I ever was a decent person,
or that anybody sees in me a single rhyme or reason.
I don't know what's slightly real anymore.
Which way I've been which way I go I'm doubting evermore.
I doubt myself and know that you can't love me.
How could you when my reality is paper thin and never seemed to properly fit you in.
I doubt that you could love me because even though I thought I only did certain things that hurt you.
I must have done so much more but my brain has now erased it.
I truly doubt my worth of existence or anybodies need for me.
I'm not sure I'll ever straighten out and I'm terrified for all my insanity breaking out.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Doubting by Michael McParland )
- Haiku- Anchor, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Luna Plena, Mihaela Pirjol
- I Sink Inside You, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Buddy, Francie Lynch
- Love (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- some thing about you, akash mazumdar
- Shanghai breeze (I), Cigeng Zhang
- thinkings, akash mazumdar
- Momentous Days, Francie Lynch
- Haiku- Riddle, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)