I came into this world an atheist
An unbeliever and a doubter
A naked and unknowing little baby
Who was a screamer and a shouter.
I knew nothing about this world
But I was ready and prepared to be taught
I listened and watched everything about myself
Truth and information in my life I sought.
I was taught how to walk and how to bow
As I strolled about the house and the yard
Then I was taught when and when not to speak
Saying a prayer I would happily disregard.
Then later in life I became a heathen
I believed not in religion or in any GOD
Sky was above me and that is all that it was
In magic and not in miracles I was awed.
Everything I saw I did not eagerly accept
I expected no one to lie unto me
I saw wonder and magic wherever I did look
While I believed only what I did see.
Since my birth I have walked many miles
I saw miracles that some would never believe
People really caring and GOD really loving
I asked for help, and willingly it I did receive.
When it is time for me to leave this world
I will leave knowledgeable and not as a deceiver
As I will have learned the truth through my living
I will live the world as a true believer.
Randy L. McClave
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Doubter by Randy McClave )
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Lucy Gray, or Solitude, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Well-Worn Story, Dorothy Parker
Poem of the Day
- Ballade [The goat scratches so much it c.., François Villon
- Love Note 6, Michael P. McParland
- Sending Words about Overnight in Fishing.., Luo Zhihai
- Give me 'all of you', Juwon Daniel
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai