I came into this world an atheist
An unbeliever and a doubter
A naked and unknowing little baby
Who was a screamer and a shouter.
I knew nothing about this world
But I was ready and prepared to be taught
I listened and watched everything about myself
Truth and information in my life I sought.
I was taught how to walk and how to bow
As I strolled about the house and the yard
Then I was taught when and when not to speak
Saying a prayer I would happily disregard.
Then later in life I became a heathen
I believed not in religion or in any GOD
Sky was above me and that is all that it was
In magic and not in miracles I was awed.
Everything I saw I did not eagerly accept
I expected no one to lie unto me
I saw wonder and magic wherever I did look
While I believed only what I did see.
Since my birth I have walked many miles
I saw miracles that some would never believe
People really caring and GOD really loving
I asked for help, and willingly it I did receive.
When it is time for me to leave this world
I will leave knowledgeable and not as a deceiver
As I will have learned the truth through my living
I will live the world as a true believer.
Randy L. McClave
Randy McClave's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Doubter by Randy McClave )
- Intoxication-An alcoholic reverie, RAJ VIKRAM
- It is really love, gajanan mishra
- Clearing Out the Closet: Five Poems Wri.., Lawrence Beck
- Rainy Day, Dorsey Baker
- I Am Free!, Anna Colb
- food walk, lee fones
- The Now., RAJ VIKRAM
- The technique of survival., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Gift Logic Can't Buy, Donal Mahoney
- Rain-A Mirror, RAJ VIKRAM
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)