When I´m in a shop and see people approach its door I rush forward
and open it, this is not to be polite but I was a doorman at a posh
hotel fr 25 years. I also opened taxi doors for guests and had an umbrella
ready if it rained to shield from too much reality.
A posh hotel is an artificial place everyone is polite to a guest and
the staff mingling with the posh tend to, when not working, take on an air
of superiority which doesn´t go down well with the kitchen staff.
My wife tells me to stop opening doors for all and sundry, but what
can I do? If you train a dog to give paw, you can´t un-train it.
25 years as a doorman, the rich gave me a few shilling, now I get
glances from women who think I´m patronizing them
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Doorman by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Is Isolation, Rohit Sapra
- I wouldn't ask more, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Let It Be Fatal, Deanna Lee
- A Blue Christmas Tree, Heather Burns
- Mother, and mother, gajanan mishra
- Father To A Daughter, louis rams
- James Foley, Hardik Vaidya
- Cowards, Hardik Vaidya
- Ye duniya jiski hai wohi sambhale- Ghazal, Talab ...
- One Day I Shall Not Remain Here, But My .., Bijay Kant Dubey