When I´m in a shop and see people approach its door I rush forward
and open it, this is not to be polite but I was a doorman at a posh
hotel fr 25 years. I also opened taxi doors for guests and had an umbrella
ready if it rained to shield from too much reality.
A posh hotel is an artificial place everyone is polite to a guest and
the staff mingling with the posh tend to, when not working, take on an air
of superiority which doesn´t go down well with the kitchen staff.
My wife tells me to stop opening doors for all and sundry, but what
can I do? If you train a dog to give paw, you can´t un-train it.
25 years as a doorman, the rich gave me a few shilling, now I get
glances from women who think I´m patronizing them
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Doorman by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Emptiness, Ronald Chapman
- A Wonder to be Seen on the Han River (Re.., Ronald Chapman
- A Moment's pause, David Whalen
- Almost Forever, Ronald Chapman
- Ice Queen - Yuna Kim Homage (Regional), Ronald Chapman
- lower case is better because it's not tr.., Mandolyn Davidson
- Forever Looking For Love, Ronald Chapman
- Dream of Sailing, Ronald Chapman
- All I Want, Ronald Chapman
- A Life For Demise, Dexsta Ray