donuts for breakfast
Broken flame this hairy wind
Nowhere the mystery of everything
The silence desire sleeps wetly
A Dirge among sirens of coughing.
Some priestly all encompassing blather
Among the blacks of their choice and
The lowering of the casket.
Sweat seeps through the skin in summer
The dark continents history
Has been told by levent dignity
Art of the shaman out in sight.
Some teachers know-how and neglect
Among the dared masses its normalcy
Shares argument of angry creation.
Numb in the sharp faced dawn
Your breath fresh ether at the air
As the cherry sizzles abruptly
Clouds tear slowly gargling the firmament.
You chain smoke and the piping coffee
Awakens you as wipers clear windshield
The stop and go of the morning.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (donuts for breakfast by jonathan Juarez )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)
(25 August 1962 -)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Remember, Anne Sexton
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Let the music play on, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A Girl's Proposal, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Man, Katherina Palomo
- Move on, Edward Clapham
- Only the View, David Lewis Paget
- Out-of-body Experience, Colm Keenan
- Burqawali Bibi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Gentle Soul, Joseph Narusiewicz
- He Watches over Me, Angela Khristin Brown
- A Modern Girl In The Make-Up, The Face A.., Bijay Kant Dubey