donuts for breakfast
Broken flame this hairy wind
Nowhere the mystery of everything
The silence desire sleeps wetly
A Dirge among sirens of coughing.
Some priestly all encompassing blather
Among the blacks of their choice and
The lowering of the casket.
Sweat seeps through the skin in summer
The dark continents history
Has been told by levent dignity
Art of the shaman out in sight.
Some teachers know-how and neglect
Among the dared masses its normalcy
Shares argument of angry creation.
Numb in the sharp faced dawn
Your breath fresh ether at the air
As the cherry sizzles abruptly
Clouds tear slowly gargling the firmament.
You chain smoke and the piping coffee
Awakens you as wipers clear windshield
The stop and go of the morning.
jonathan Juarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (donuts for breakfast by jonathan Juarez )
- A Hymn, Sir Henry Wotton
- Raja Ravi Varma, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Psalm CIV, Sir Henry Wotton
- Friendship, Afshan Fatima
- Shaking Off The Finger Tip, Is It Poetry
- Golden Glow, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- A Prayer, Nicholas Breton
- Invective: The Hate Of Treason, Nicholas Breton
- Goodbye Elias, Tony Adah
- On The END, Akhil Zoomin
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)