Don't Play Not To Lose
For those of you who play with care just trying not to fumble,
perhaps it's time you took a dare and stopped being so humble.
A champ will take one on the chin if he puts the fight on cruise.
'Cause in the end, you'll never win if you play not to lose.
Too many of us go through life by merely getting by.
Attempting to avoid the strife, we often never try.
But much of life will not be lived if that's the path you choose.
The world takes more than it gives when you play not to lose.
You've heard some days you eat the bear and some days it eats you.
You also heard that life's not fair, and both of these are true.
You can't, however, let these phrases modify your views.
'Cause none will ever sing your praises if you play not to lose.
William Chaplar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't Play Not To Lose by William Chaplar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- good-morning babe, don't say good-night, Mandolyn Davidson
- I Am But a Small Voice, F. J. Thomas
- Blueberry Muffins, Sandra Feldman
- ode to enmity, Shanika marini Paul
- hair poem, lee fones
- Midnight, binod bastola
- you hush your heart to keep me down, Mandolyn Davidson
- Rightchoiceness, Tosin Abegunde
- Binding Echoes, F. J. Thomas
- Without Fail, Lawrence S. Pertillar