Don't Play Not To Lose
For those of you who play with care just trying not to fumble,
perhaps it's time you took a dare and stopped being so humble.
A champ will take one on the chin if he puts the fight on cruise.
'Cause in the end, you'll never win if you play not to lose.
Too many of us go through life by merely getting by.
Attempting to avoid the strife, we often never try.
But much of life will not be lived if that's the path you choose.
The world takes more than it gives when you play not to lose.
You've heard some days you eat the bear and some days it eats you.
You also heard that life's not fair, and both of these are true.
You can't, however, let these phrases modify your views.
'Cause none will ever sing your praises if you play not to lose.
William Chaplar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't Play Not To Lose by William Chaplar )
- Stronghold: Macchu Picchu, Brandt Nightingale
- Friends, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Yes/No, Morgan Michaels
- Chibok Blues, Tony Adah
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt
- The Wall of Water Falls, Brandt Nightingale
- Prayer of Ruin, Luke J. Holt
- Sweet Memories, Lilly Emery
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery