Poet of the River
Don't Make Me Go To Bed And I'll Be Good (Sad)
Don't make me go to bed and I'll be good,
if i could go back to that day i would.
i would let him stay awake all night, happy and light,
i wish, i wish i could.
Obediently he went off to bed without a fight,
little did i know the angels would visit him that night.
he had whined and whined to me, how un happy it made he,
to have to sleep when he is wide awake.
And he would be here to this very day,
if he had had it his way.
How it pains me still, that horrid painful fill,
if i had listed to what he had said, Maybe my baby would not be lost to me this day.
Of all the things i wish i could, and all the things i know i would,
his voice rings on,
Don't make me go to bed and I'll be good...
Poet of the River's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Don't Make Me Go To Bed And I'll Be Good (Sad) by Poet of the River )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
Poem of the Day
- Modi Saheb, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Inspiration Is Dead In Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Brothers, Raymond A. Foss
- Politician, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- My Brother, Raymond A. Foss
- If We Ever Meet Again....., Lichu Thomas
- Because I Care, Shahid Hussain Chouhdry
- o! she's gone away, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Bombs, Stratis Havarti
- Harmony, Asit Kumar Sanyal