Poet of the River
Don't Make Me Go To Bed And I'll Be Good (Sad)
Don't make me go to bed and I'll be good,
if i could go back to that day i would.
i would let him stay awake all night, happy and light,
i wish, i wish i could.
Obediently he went off to bed without a fight,
little did i know the angels would visit him that night.
he had whined and whined to me, how un happy it made he,
to have to sleep when he is wide awake.
And he would be here to this very day,
if he had had it his way.
How it pains me still, that horrid painful fill,
if i had listed to what he had said, Maybe my baby would not be lost to me this day.
Of all the things i wish i could, and all the things i know i would,
his voice rings on,
Don't make me go to bed and I'll be good...
Poet of the River's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Don't Make Me Go To Bed And I'll Be Good (Sad) by Poet of the River )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Fragment, Oscar Wilde
- Madhushala, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- The Monkey, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Krampus, Ima Ryma
- For My Love, Sandra Feldman
- I love To Run, Patrick Sant
- My Exploding Stomach, RUBAB ATWAL
- The Lifelong Comrades, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- LAST TIME, Terry Collett
- Another Toll By Death, Tony Adah
- I have always thought about life, Sumita Jetley
- I MISS YOU DAD, Sharen Suren