Don't Forget to Pray
I fell asleep. I heard a scream.
I came awake. It was a dream.
Afraid to sleep. I stayed awake.
How many hours would it take?
Four, five, six or seven,
I counted the hours in my head.
Once again I heard the scream,
although this time not in a dream.
Afraid no more, not like before.
Slept like a babe without a thought.
Strange, what my fear had brought.
What a way to end my day.
Tonight, I'll not forget to pray.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't Forget to Pray by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Believe In Love, Naveed Akram
- When You Speak to Your God, Robert Kane
- A Perception Of Love., richard harris
- Poetry of Motion, Jack Growden
- GAZA غزة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- whats the point?, binod bastola
- If You Should Read This Poem, David Munene wa Kimberly
- Holy! Holy!, Naveed Khalid
- My Mother, Tony Adah
- Mutability, Naveed Khalid