Don't Forget to Pray
I fell asleep. I heard a scream.
I came awake. It was a dream.
Afraid to sleep. I stayed awake.
How many hours would it take?
Four, five, six or seven,
I counted the hours in my head.
Once again I heard the scream,
although this time not in a dream.
Afraid no more, not like before.
Slept like a babe without a thought.
Strange, what my fear had brought.
What a way to end my day.
Tonight, I'll not forget to pray.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't Forget to Pray by Edwina Reizer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Barbie Doll, Marge Piercy
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- A Wish, Muhammad Shafi Lone
- The telling Effect of Visual Spell, rajendran muthiah
- Inwards Bound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- My Bangle, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Lungi Dance, You Have No Dance Item .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Imagine., Leonard Champlin
- Insomiacs, Payal Priya
- Empty Soul, George Egba
- Not His Cartoons, Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai
- what is a compliment, lee fones