Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)
Does New Zealand Have Poets?
does New Zealand breed poets
I though they only breed horses
herds of dairy cows and sheep?
All Blacks Silver Ferns and and sport...?
has New Zealand ever had a poet?
there was one once
world famous in
in in New Zealand?
she lived in France
too I think for awhile?
name of Katherine?
really? yes really! about a century ago...
died there? where?
her head best
served up on a silver platter
at institute parties?
old cuttings on her once
made the Morning Herald?
really? really I was not born then...
she is studied
yawn... in NZ literary classes?
I would not know...
I thought the NZ government
cancelled literary studies?
no one else then
no one else?
dunno that man
they say wrote that poem
pinned to a door at
of the usual slight
may have been
one Barry Crump
(or Grump, or Gruimp)
from New Zealand'
no that's Crumpie
myths of rugged
comic Kiwi yarns
guess the kiwis
got no poets
then just sports
yea guess so
for never funding
must be why they got none?
Copyright © Terence George Craddock
Quotation from the reference 'Poetry - Belfagan Women's Morris'.
Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Does New Zealand Have Poets? by Terence George Craddock (Spectral Images and Images Of Light) )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- It isn't easy!, Lubinda Lubinda
- I Am Third, Perry Biggerstaff
- The Nigeria Political Vampires, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Alack! Afore! Alack! Afore!, Dexsta Ray
- WAR modern art-form of meaninglessness, George Dee Vuy
- I let myself, Elena Ioannou
- Love Is Hard, Is It Poetry
- Broken Waves, Pintu Mahakul
- PH: Poetry Writing: In Poetry, Brian Johnston
- Moving Out, Adriana Avila