Do they come when you are too pressed
losing on all sides utterly distressed
you are upset everything is going wrong
do they still touch you in mind comes along?
Do they keep coming hold you in their power
when is closing all doors reigning darkest hour
you are down in the gutter battered in lost war
do they still keep birthing give your soul a stir?
Do they never leave you so you can carry on
your beacon in the dark the only companion
joining your broken bones mending your heart
goading you to get up make once more a start?
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Do They? by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- death, Omobude Saint perry
- sO u wannabe a hOLY cOw, bOy, sEaN nOrTh
- in between, Omobude Saint perry
- Fetching a Raindrop, Masharia kanyari
- my death, Omobude Saint perry
- Midnight's Rain, Khairul Ahsan
- Seamless Transition, Doug Blair
- To Be Continued, Vincent Topp
- Church Woman (Saint in Progress), Doug Blair
- Invisible Monster, Dan Walker