Do Not Disturb
So many people come to my door
Telling me how I should live;
Vote this way...go to that church...
Free advice - they've so much to give!
Delusional fools - let me lift the veil,
Let the light rush through the door
Of the prison your ideals have placed you in....
You..... and so many more!
Well, I've been to the tower, shackled to lies,
Anointed with the oil of deceit;
And Truth was there with me all the while,
Curled in a ball at my feet
It cried 'Unfold me, pick me up, hold me,
I'm the key to freeing your mind; '
I heeded the voice, then ran from my cell,
Deceit and lies staying behind
Then I saw life as it really is.....
Random happiness and random grief;
We give and we take, we make mistakes,
And in love we find relief
The time has come to quit wondering,
I don't ask why anymore;
For those ideologues peddling their folly,
I've hung 'Do Not Disturb' on my door!
Lora Colon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Do Not Disturb by Lora Colon )
Did you read them?
- The Arsenal Shirt, Mark Hamilton
- Save Ther Poor Daughter of India, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Orchestra, Bijay Kant Dubey
- E-rated poemier- go slow, Elvis Airohi
- Songs of Heaven, Aftab Alam
- E-rated poemier- if it had ended, Elvis Airohi
- Upon His Face, david kush
- Abel, Aftab Alam
- At Least Live and Dream, Rohit Sapra
- Aladdin's Lamp, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)