Do Not Disturb
So many people come to my door
Telling me how I should live;
Vote this way...go to that church...
Free advice - they've so much to give!
Delusional fools - let me lift the veil,
Let the light rush through the door
Of the prison your ideals have placed you in....
You..... and so many more!
Well, I've been to the tower, shackled to lies,
Anointed with the oil of deceit;
And Truth was there with me all the while,
Curled in a ball at my feet
It cried 'Unfold me, pick me up, hold me,
I'm the key to freeing your mind; '
I heeded the voice, then ran from my cell,
Deceit and lies staying behind
Then I saw life as it really is.....
Random happiness and random grief;
We give and we take, we make mistakes,
And in love we find relief
The time has come to quit wondering,
I don't ask why anymore;
For those ideologues peddling their folly,
I've hung 'Do Not Disturb' on my door!
Lora Colon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Do Not Disturb by Lora Colon )
Did you read them?
- 7 Aprl 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 25 March 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Walking the Dog, Kaila George
- Assimilating Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 17 March 2014, Shri R Brahma
- An Ode To Odes Of Olde (Love & Woe), Tad Russell
- 15 March 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Unknown Mysteries, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Folding Teardrops, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tapped......, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)