Do I Deserve To Die?
You come to my house at night juddering
And lurch onto my door swearing blight
With your bilious anger on flight
Roaring and ready to rip me apart
Do i really deserve to die
In this cold-blood fight of the night
Where wrath knows no bound?
Is this frontier, but a chant to violence?
Why do you haste to unneighbour me,
Torching my granary that has fed you in the past?
Why stare at me now in denial,
At the pinnacle of this vindictive opprobrium?
This spear acutely entrenched in my heart,
And the bullet wounds, on my body,
Don’t you feel that it hurt?
Is my life, but a worthless waste,
And killing ingrained in your genetic makeup?
Come now to your senses again
And wipe away this oozing blood
Of ethnic jingoism and bigotry
As sure, I do not deserve this inopportune demise!
Eric Lungai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Do I Deserve To Die? by Eric Lungai )
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- As One Breathes The Air, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ek Lafz Ek Rishta, Bano Ali
- THE PATRIOT, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- fortress of solutude, ademola oluwabusayo
- Never Feeling The Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak