Do I Deserve To Die?
You come to my house at night juddering
And lurch onto my door swearing blight
With your bilious anger on flight
Roaring and ready to rip me apart
Do i really deserve to die
In this cold-blood fight of the night
Where wrath knows no bound?
Is this frontier, but a chant to violence?
Why do you haste to unneighbour me,
Torching my granary that has fed you in the past?
Why stare at me now in denial,
At the pinnacle of this vindictive opprobrium?
This spear acutely entrenched in my heart,
And the bullet wounds, on my body,
Don’t you feel that it hurt?
Is my life, but a worthless waste,
And killing ingrained in your genetic makeup?
Come now to your senses again
And wipe away this oozing blood
Of ethnic jingoism and bigotry
As sure, I do not deserve this inopportune demise!
Eric Lungai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Do I Deserve To Die? by Eric Lungai )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Blank Depression, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- The tears of human race, Great Emeritus
- Capsule Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MY own fault, hasmukh amathalal
- on returning to my part time job-, Mandolyn ...
- Write new chapter, hasmukh amathalal
- COPLA 71 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Gnarly Disposition, Electric Lady
- Dare - Devil Inside, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I'll be missing you, Emma Wilson