do fertility goddesses have sell-by dates?
DO FERTILITY GODDESSES HAVE SELL-BY DATES
Do fertility goddesses have sell-by dates,
or have they perpetual fountains?
I suppose it depends on the might of their mates
hen climbing venereal mountains.
A friend wrote to me on 5/7/07:
Just back from a hearing a friend of a friend dramatising Innana at the British Museum. Interesting to hear her version of the ancient text - based on S.N.Kramer - especially her invitations to plough her vulva, but she was a lesson to all women: fertility goddesses have sell-by dates!
gershon hepner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (do fertility goddesses have sell-by dates? by gershon hepner )
- Sealed, Valerie Dohren
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- The Futility Of Illusions, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Tour of Autumn, Cathy Hodgson
- The ache, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Ein schmaler Streifen kahler Klippen, Wolfgang Steinmann
- We've Got to Tear These Fences Down Yeah!, David Clinch
- It's My Home, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In the Sun's Falsetto, Kewayne Wadley
- A Poem, David Clinch
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)