do fertility goddesses have sell-by dates?
DO FERTILITY GODDESSES HAVE SELL-BY DATES
Do fertility goddesses have sell-by dates,
or have they perpetual fountains?
I suppose it depends on the might of their mates
hen climbing venereal mountains.
A friend wrote to me on 5/7/07:
Just back from a hearing a friend of a friend dramatising Innana at the British Museum. Interesting to hear her version of the ancient text - based on S.N.Kramer - especially her invitations to plough her vulva, but she was a lesson to all women: fertility goddesses have sell-by dates!
gershon hepner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (do fertility goddesses have sell-by dates? by gershon hepner )
- i'm a french braid you unravel, Mandolyn ...
- In Fantasia, Harry Freeman
- Robin Williams Tribute, Suzae Chevalier
- ROBIN WILLIAMS IS A LIGHTWORKER, Suzae Chevalier
- Doing My Best, Kyle Schlicher
- Beloftes, Madrason writer
- Haiku- Anchor, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Luna Plena, Mihaela Pirjol
- I Sink Inside You, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Buddy, Francie Lynch
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)