Distance… always keeping us apart
Hiding feelings breaking hearts.
We can defeat her deadly hit
Let’s show the world what distance is.
Let the sky be our connection
Let the star speak our words
Let the moon be the only witness
Of our unbreakable love.
And if one night you feel lonely
Don’t you dare let yourself cry
For tears are just mere proves
That distance has tore us apart.
Look instead into the darkness
Of our endless shiny sky
For each star is a letter
And each letter forms a word
And the moon our only witness
Knows the sky would never lie
That underneath its flawless kingdom
Someone’s rearranging the stars.
Forming just a simple phrase
Whispering into the night
“Oh my dearest, my beloved,
Even though we are apart….
I still love you with all my heart”
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Distance by Simply Ruby )
- Legacy Of Goodness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Snowflakes, Wani Rahil
- Moments That Never Were, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- TREASURE ISLAND: Overall Statistics, Frank Avon
- Poet's mind, hasmukh amathalal
- Senses Flavorful Sounds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Behind everything, SALINI NAIR
- Fall Leaves, Leonard Dabydeen
- Rinsed Clean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Creating Photos, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 1861, Walt Whitman
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)